Sunday, February 17, 2008

I just bought a Mac


My first computer was a Macintosh. So was my second. That was back in the dark ages before Brittney Spears was even born.
Then an in-house career in a series of corporations and crass circumstances put me in the Windows camp. I found PCs likeable enough, although it's kind of weird that to turn them off, you have to go to the button that says START. They wouldn't do that at Apple, but at Microsoft nobody thought it mattered and apparently they were right.
I just came back because of Vista. I'm a bit apprehensive about anything like a new operating system and I've been hearing bad things. So I went to a Mac.
Fortunately, the cross-platform thing is not as big of a deal as it once was. It's still imperfect, but it's nowhere near the problem that I remember it. And my own computer skills have increased enough that it's easy to make the shift from PC to Mac and back again. The only down side to Macs is that they're more expensive and the software they require costs bank, too.
The upside is that they actually work.

No comments: